Mr. Mehta is part of the founding family of the Deepak Group involved in Chemicals, Petrochemicals, Fertilisers, Seeds, Infrastructure, and IT/ITES services. The group has a turnover exceeding US$ 700 million. Since 1984, he has been actively associated with Deepak Nitrite, a leading supplier of organic, inorganic and fine chemicals to the global chemical industry, and leads the global business strategy for the company. Mr. Mehta brings extensive operational experience and knowledge in the agricultural sector and investment community.
Mr. Mehta is actively engaged with several organizations such as:
– Vice President of Mahratta Chamber of Commerce Industries and Agriculture (The Chamber of Commerce of the City of Pune)
– Chairman: International Business and Relations Committee (City of Pune)
– Member of the Family Business Network group and ‘Young Indians’ (YI) Western region Confederation of Indian Industries (CII)
– Charter Member and President: The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) Pune Chapter
– Charter Member Young Presidents Organisation (YPO) Pune Chapter
– Board of Advisors: AIESEC Pune Chapter
He is a science graduate with Honours and a post graduate in Chemical Engineering from the University of Texas, USA.